BTS: #OTWOL From Reel to Real

February 29, 2016

Last Friday, Robi and I were called to do the documentary and exclusive 2-on-2 interview with James Reid and Nadine Lustre. Being a #CertifiedOTWOLista, you can just imagine how kilig I was when I found out we were going to do this! I was so ecstatic about it! Not just that, we were also being called in to host the OTWOL Finale itself. Robi and I honestly had no idea what we were in for, but we knew that it was going to be something really special.

We went to Jardin de Miramar in Antipolo to tape the spiels for the documentary and I thought the place was just perfect. Here are some behind-the-scenes photos of our day:

Dressed up like Maria Clara and Crisostomo Ibarra. Loved our set in Antipolo :)

Just having fun with James and Nadine. They’re both really cool to talk to. We felt like the “older” version of them.

But of course.. we had to get to some serious talk.

The whole crew responsible for the #OTWOLReelToReal special! I’m amazed at how they were able to come up with something EPIC in a short amount of time!

Right after taping the documentary and doing the interview, we immediately rushed to the Ynares Center for the OTWOL Finale. Thousands of fans greeted us as they were treated to a serenade by the TV series’ stars including BaiLona, Juan Miguel Severo, Paulo Avelino, Daryl Ong, Erik Santos, Kyla and more. As we all know, music played an integral part in the development of the story and it was really nice reliving all the moments of OTWOL through the songs.

E

Robi and I on stage greeting the thousands in attendance @ Ynares Stadium, Antipolo

A

#CLeah and #JaDine fandoms unite for the viewing party!

The highlight of the show, of course, was the viewing party of the final episode itself. It was quite difficult shifting from one emotion to another as I was in tears in almost every gap, and then we had to get up and be happy to entertain the crowd. Robi was teasing me the whole time and telling me not to cry. I guess wedding scenes are so special for girls, even if it’s just on TV.

B

Robi and I interacting with the fans in the stadium

C

I asked this question to the fans, “If you had the chance, what wedding gift would you give Clark and Leah?” Someone suddenly shouted, “CRIB!” My reaction: “Woah! Take it slow girl! Hahaha!”

The last gap was the surprise that the OTWOL crew prepared for everyone. A wedding reception with all the OTWOL fans themselves in attendance. Whoever thought about this kind of ending was a genius. Never before seen on Philippine TV (as far as I know). I think that one of the best things about the series is that their storytelling is so connected with their audience. The different characters represent a different strand in Filipino life. Having the fans become part of the ending was the sweetest icing on the cake. Of course, for an OTWOLISTA like me, the best part of hosting the event was getting first row seats to this one!

F

#CLeah off to forever, #JaDine off to new heights :)

I

With the newly-weds. I’m not one to take selfies during events, but I just had to!

K

One of the all-time greats in the Philippine showbiz industry: Joel Torre, aka “Tatang”.

L

Cherry Pie Picache or “Tita Jack” is my favorite character in OTWOL. She’s the conscience of the story! Superb acting, as well!

J

We all have a Simon in our lives, I think. He challenged the love of Clark and Leah and made it even stronger. If he annoyed you at one point in the story, then that means he did a great job.

G

To end, a photo with my very own Clark Medina :)

What an unforgettable stint! Thank you so much Dreamscape and ABSCBN for entrusting us with this. Congratulations for a successful teleserye that will be remembered for ages. To all the OTWOL fans out there, it was a joy celebrating love with you. :)

‘Til next time!

32 thoughts on BTS: #OTWOL From Reel to Real

1. Luz says:

Job well done in OTWOL Reel to Real interview with Jadine. Intelligent questions from you and Robi begets intelligent answers from James and Nadine. Every question you asked them has a substance that’s why you were able to extract out the kilig details from their love story that we Jadine fans were clamoring for. You deserve to have a talk show that is as credible as TWBA. Your hosting style is so pleasant to the ear, not boring, not offending and not too loud unlike other hosts. Like Jadine, you both are real people. Sana maging real friends kayo ng Jadine in real life ’cause all 4 of you are amazing!

2. Sexy says:

Love reading and viewing your works specially this one. How did you start yo blog? Im an OTWOLISTA just like you..

3. Benz says:

Super bagay kayo ni robi. More shows together at sana kayo na for real forever. Praying?

4. Cathy S. says:

Hello Ms.Gretchen! Just want to congratulate you & Robi for a great job interviewing James & Nadine. You guys rock…so professional & well executed…I can see you guys having your own talk show…just like JADINE, you & Robi have good chemistry. Lots of love & Goodluck?

5. Keng says:

Congratulations to u gretchen and robi for a job well done! your interview with JaDine was very entertaining. Lahat tayo kinileg! i hope magkaron kayo ni robi ng talk show nyong dalawa, because you guys really nailed it!

6. Jazzine Joyce G. Adolfo says:

Thank you Ms. Gretchen Ho :*

7. OtwolFan says:

Thank You, It was an amazing interview. I watched it over and over again. If that had been me doing the interview, I don’t think I would have been able to contain myself. You & Robi were great!

8. Gi says:

Thanks for sharing snaps with our adored couple.

9. Teth says:

You and Robi did a wonderful job in that interview–done in a well-mannered line of questioning, enjoyable tone, and uber kilig interaction with James and Nadine :) Happiness for everyone! Bravo!!!

10. Gen says:

Hi ate Gretchen! This is my first time to visit your blog and woaaa this is amazing! Very well said about last Friday night Hahahhaa. I was there too in ynares and yeah, amazing collaboration with Robi, another #TEAMREAL. I just want to share Na “kilig Ako” Sa last photo mo with a caption, a photo with your very own CLARK MEDINA. Waaaaa. Grabee. So, from now on, going to visit your blog from time to time. ❤️?

11. jennyvi tulay says:

i cant see the pics uve posted here on your blog …:'(

12. Tina Paglinawan says:

Thank you for sharing this, Gretchen.

13. Sharmaine Mika Parker says:

You and your Robi did a truly wonderful job. And you look great together! Filipino is not my language at all so I had a friend translate. Your clear and excellent English helped me a lot.
    Best regards from New York — from a certified Jadine fan and now a ChenBi fan. ^__^
    Mika

14. Cece says:

You and Robi did a great job! I am glad that the task was given to the both of you and delivered it flawlessly. It does feel like a normal close friends conversation and we got the answers from them straight from their heart. Kudos to a job well done!

15. rachel ann says:

OMG! Hahaha. Ako po yung SOMEONE ng sumigaw nung CRIB! Hahaha. Thanks for this ate gretchen :)

16. leann mae ramido says:

Thank you ate gretchen for hosting and being so kind to JaDine? we love you and your own clark medina (Robi)?
    Stay humble and great as you are ate gretch hope to have a picture w/ you and kuya robi soon?

17. Mariglen Teves Tanjer says:

such a great show…great teleserye ever in history of phils. “otwol” super teary eyed ako nung wedding nila parang its so real d na clark & leah nkkita ko kundi james and nadine…youdid a great job ms.gretchen ho abd also your clark medina in real life robi…npansin ko mas kinikilig pa si robi sayo during the interview of jadine haha…paulit ulit ko tlgang pinanood yung interview nila how they started to fall in love from “reel to real” grabe yung revelations ni james super kilig pa rin ako…dios ko nkkahiya sa kids ko haha…whatever..more power to both of you ms.gretchen & robi.

18. Dylene Ortil says:

Can i share this ms Gretch?

19. arlene says:

you and robi did a great job , you look good togerher as a couple . robi is too funny

20. Saawiyah says:

CONGRATS!!!… Ang ganda at nakakaiyak… Nakakakilig kayong apat… BRAVO!

21. Caroline says:

congratulations to you and Robi. You both did a very good job. I admire both of you on how you handle your relationship with Robi very privately even if both of you are in the public eye. I prayed that you succeed in all you do and that you and Robi will be together forever in the future. Your Article is very personal and I can feel the Kilig ? God Bless always?

22. Karen says:

You two are going places, Gretchen and Robi! Thanks for sharing this.

23. Karl Tan says:

Your chemistry with each other adds on the sweetness of JaDine, you are both my favorite host bothe eloquent and tastefull… Bravo! More power!

24. Tess Cagampan says:

Thank you Ms. Gretchen for the wonderful words. You and Robi are also adorable. Certified otwolista and a silent Jadine fan here. Watched the documentary twiced, still can’t get enough of them. Jadine’s love story is truly amazing. Love was there all along, took years for them to realize. You and Robi added kilig during the interview…God bless you both.

25. Kharmi Cañete says:

Hi Gretchen! I saw your tweet the other day, that you were doing something for #TeamReal. Me and my friends couldn’t agree more and think that you were the perfect choice since you are also an invested viewer like us. Well, no doubt, you and Robi did fab in hosting the live viewing party as well as the interview. Both witty and smart, btw. I just totally envy your selfies with Tatang and Tita Jack! Hahaha We’ll surely miss our nights with OTWOL! ? Thanks for representing every OTWOLista out there. Yung kilig mo sa #TeamReal, yan din kami eh! Kaso nagtumbling na kami sa super kilig! ?Hooray for OTWOL! ???

26. kynrom says:

So cute i watched the docu earlier and grabeh u and robi did a great job kinikileg na nga kami sa JADINE pati sa inyo kinikileg ako… And it is very cute na Faney dn ang naginterview hehe …. And by the way i like ur blog gretch srap basahn ng article mo ndi boring

27. Ragen Rome says:

Thank you for sharing this kind of stuff with us! We feel so proud that the chemistry and love JaDine has reach even other artists. :) We love you! :*

28. ailenr rotoni says:

thanks gretchen and robi for this u both r really good in hosting! ?? nakadagdag din kau sa kilig! ?? god bless!

29. Bree says:

It was a really good thing that you and robi hosted the otwol finale and the interview. Job well done! ????